Inventive Ways to Style Stoneware with Organic Elements
Stoneware’s organic, hand-thrown appeal seems specially crafted by nature itself. So what better way to showcase stoneware’s rustic beauty than by embellishing it with foraged flowers, fruits, greens, and herbs?
In this guide, we’ll share inventive styling ideas to adorn your stoneware with natural elements. From floral accents to fruits skewers, these mesmerizing yet achievable tablescape touches will make your stoneware shine. Bid farewell to boring dishware and embrace the creative possibilities of an organic stoneware stage.
Fruits offer a delicious way to inject color and whimsy into stoneware displays. Consider these fruit-forward styling ideas:
- Fill a stoneware bowl with sliced citrus, letting vibrant juices swirl over the neutral surface. Lemons, limes, grapefruit, and oranges all pop beautifully against white or tan backdrops.
- Fan out stone fruits like peaches, plums, and apricots into floral shapes on platters and dishes. Allow a peek of stoneware to show through for contrast.
- Skewer berries, grapes, melons, and other bite-sized fruits in zig-zag or angular patterns on plate rims, handles, and edges. Proof that food can be fun and artistic!
Fragrant Floral Touches
Few natural accents evoke a sense of elegance quite like flowers. Choose varieties carefully and display in stoneware with creativity:
- Select edible blooms like nasturtium, pansies, lavender, and chamomile rather than potentially toxic store-bought flowers.
- Affix single delicate flowers upside down on stoneware using a small drop of water. Allow the gorgeous imperfections of both elements to shine through.
- Weave hardy stems like wild grasses, curly willow branches, or raffia throughout stacks of nested stoneware bowls and plates. Natural runners.
Herbs and Greens Galore
Take advantage of herbs’ sculptural shapes and greens’ earthy textures by incorporating into stoneware in fun new ways:
- Tuck herbs like rosemary, thyme and sage into cracks and crevices of stoneware for aromatic hidden surprises. Release scent when disturbed.
- Drape leafy greens like kale, chard or arugula over rims of bowls and platters, letting them waterfall like organic runners.
- Wrap pliable vines such as ivy, jasmine or grape around handles and spouts for dimensional detail.
Complete your organic tablescape with these final embellishments:
- Add natural jute, seam binding, burlap ribbon, or raffia accents using non-toxic adhesives. Wrap around handles or rim edges.
- Surround your stoneware with found-object vases, antique silver pieces, and handmade ceramics for an eclectic, collected look.
- Bathe your table in the glow of natural elements like sunlight, candlelight, and moonlight. Let the ambiance match the aesthetics.
With a touch of imagination, humble stoneware transforms into a canvas for nature’s beauty. Make the ordinary extraordinary with organic accents harvested from backyard, florist, or market.